November 6-9, 2017 at Sede Boqer in Israel’s arid Negev – the DRYLANDS, DESERTS, and DESERTIFICATION (DDD) global conference with main focus on solutions to the increasing water shortage growing problem.
Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
Jacom Blaustein Institutes for Desert Research
The 6th International Conference on Deserts, Drylands & Desertification
November 6-9, 2017 — Sede Boqer Campus, Israel
Dear colleagues and friends,
Following the success of the previous five international biennial conferences (2006-2014) on Drylands, Deserts, and Desertification, the organization of the 2017 DDD conference is now in full gear and the conference is scheduled to take place at the Jacob Blaustein Institutes for Desert Research, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Sede Boqer Campus, between November 6-9, 2017.
The central theme of the 2017 conference is “Combating desertification and dryland management-theory and practice” with particular emphasis on the natural sciences, but without neglecting planning and policy issues.
In particular, sessions with the following themes are already confirmed to be held during the conference*:
• Afforestation in Drylands • Ecology of Drylands • Carbon Footprint
• Deserts and Drylands in Archeology • Dryland Agriculture
• Irrigation • Mathematical Aspects, Modeling and Analysis for Dryland Research
• Ecohydrology of Dryland Landscapes
• Geological Aspects of Deserts and Desertification • GIS Applications for Dryland
Studies • Hydrology in Drylands • NGO Perspectives on Dryland Development
• Nutritional and Food Security • On-site Waste Collection and Treatment • Remote
Sensing Applications for Drylands
• Soil and Land Restoration • Green Roofs and Urban Forestry
• Women and Economic Change in Rural-Arid Lands
* Additional specialized themes will be announced in the near future. Some themes may be merged with others, or canceled, depending on the number of presentations
Topics for additional sessions and/or specialized workshops should be submitted before April 1st, 2017. Abstracts for oral presentations should be submitted by May 15th, 2017.
Visit our website www.desertification.bgu.ac.il for updates
We look forward to seeing you in Israel in November 2017! Early Bird Registration will open in May 2017.
Prof. Pedro Berliner and Prof. Arnon Karnieli, Chairs of the Organizing Committee Ms. Dorit Korine, Conference Coordinator and the Conference Team
For more information and registration: