POST-RIO TO POST-2015: UNEP & UNDESA PLANNING INTERNATIONAL STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT, OCTOBER 21-22, NEW YORK CITY. SEEMINGLY THE SO CALLED STAKEHOLDER FORUM PLANS AN EFFORT OF HOW TO CONTINUE ITS HOLD ON THE DEVELOPMENT ISSUES IN THE POST-RIO ERA.
POST-RIO TO POST-2015:
PLANNING INTERNATIONAL STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT
(OCTOBER 21-22, NEW YORK, VENUE TBC)
The two-day meeting, organised by UNEP in partnership with UNDESA, Stakeholder Forum and The Green Economy Coalition will provide an opportunity for Major Groups and Stakeholders from across the globe to come together to discuss the outcomes of Rio+20, agree on action items to accelerate these outcomes, and address areas where no progress or agreement was made.
Representatives of Major Groups and Stakeholders will:
- Take stock of the overall outcomes of Rio+20, including determining the successes and implications for the Major Groups model of participation;
- Discuss the role of Major Groups and other stakeholders in the implementation of the Rio+20 outcomes;
- Discuss the new governance architecture post Rio+20, including the space for engagement and the role of stakeholders;
- Look forward to the post-2015 development agenda, in particular the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the role of Major Groups in the design and implementation;
- Discuss and agree on the input into UNEP’s Governing Council/Global Ministerial Environment Forum in February 2013, as well as the 20th Session of the Commission on Sustainable Development (CSD 20) in May 2013.
Jose de Mesa
Major Groups Stakeholders Branch
Division for Regional Cooperation (DRC)
United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
Block 1, Level 1, South Wing
Tel. 00 (25420) 7623437
[From Europe or North America dial 39-0-831-243000 then dial 9 and Extension 3437
BUT WHEN WE TRIED TO REGISTER WE GOT THE FOLLOWING:
Post-Rio to Post-2015: planning international stakeholder engagement